Heritage Wood is always open and you are welcome to visit at any time.
Our aim is to keep Heritage Wood as natural as possible, to be enjoyed by all, we therefore ask that you respect and abide by the following:
- Only ONE small garden ornament may be placed by the tree. Any additional items will be taken away.
- No plastic flowers or plastic plants of any kind are permitted. These will be removed.
- Please do not place stones, gravel, flags, windmills, solar lights etc around the tree. These items will be removed.
- You are welcome to plant bulbs around the tree, taking care to avoid the roots.
- No fences or borders of any kind are to be erected around the tree. We will remove these as they can potentially damage our maintenance vehicles.
- Please do not attach anything to the trunk or branches of the tree.
- Only plaques provided by Heritage Wood may be placed by the tree.
- You may create a small garden around your tree of approximately 3 feet in diameter. Please do not dig any deeper than 4 inches as you will damage the tree roots.
- Do not heap soil up against the trunk of the tree as this will rot the trunk and may kill the tree.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome. Please clear up after them and please do not let them disturb the wildlife or other visitors.
- Please keep within the boundaries of Heritage Wood as farming activities are taking place in the surrounding fields.
- Please take your litter home with you or use the bins provided, taking time and care to separate compostable and non compostable items please.
Any items contravening the above will be removed. They will be kept at our office for what we consider a reasonable period of time, to allow you to collect them. We will not necessarily contact you in such circumstances.
If your tree should fail, please advise us. If this occurs within five years of your sponsorship, it will be replaced free of charge. Trees may only be replaced by Heritage Wood.
After five years, there will be a replacement charge of £100.
Where possible we will replace your tree in it’s original position. However, this will depend on the surrounding trees and the availability of natural light to allow a young tree to grow. Therefore it may be necessary to ask you to choose a new tree in different area.
Any trees which can be replaced, will be done so in the wintertime.
Alternatively you can choose to have your plaque added to our plaque wall as a permanent dedication, free of charge.
We reserve the right to remove any dead or dangerous trees without prior contact with the sponsor. We will either place the plaque on our plaque wall, or leave the plaque in position beside the tree stump.
Some trees grow more vigorously than others. Such is nature's way that inevitably a small percentage of trees will fail over the years. In such circumstances, we would encourage you to keep on enjoying Heritage Wood and view the wood as a whole, as your continuing dedication.
Copyright © Heritage Wood 2014, All Rights Reserved